The Annapurna Devi Foundation (‘Foundation’) is a registered private trust founded in the year 2015 by Annapurna Devi herself.
Its objects include, among others,
- the promotion of Indian classical music,
- supporting poor musicians,
- preserving the musical heritage of the Maihar Senia gharana of music,
- commemorating the work of her father and Guru, Acharya Baba Allauddin Khan-sahib, and
- preserving the musical heritage of the Maihar Senia gharana of music.
The Foundation serves these objects through a variety of activities such as providing financial aid to poor and deserving musicians, organising concerts, supporting the making of documentaries on musicians and conferring awards to musicians of high calibre.
The Foundation also actively looked after Annapurna Devi’s health during the last few years of her lifetime.